I love the rich aromatic smell of roasted coconut wafting it’s way through the kitchen and what I love even more is that I have delicious lightly golden almond coconut macaroons cooking in the oven. Generously drizzle them with raw chocolate, double drizzle, or even dip the whole the macaroon in chocolate. It’s sweet, it’s aromatic, it’s coconutty, it’s covered in chocolate, it’s yummy and it contains all things HEALTHY (sugar-free, dairy-free and gluten-free)! Afternoon tea, anyone?!
Almond Coconut Macaroons
1 cup desiccated coconut
¼ cup almond meal
¼ cup dried cranberries (finely chopped)
½ cup coconut milk
1 ½ tbsp maple syrup
½ tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
½ tbsp raw agave syrup (or maple syrup)
2 tbsp raw cacao powder
1. Preheat oven at 170 degrees celcius.
2. Add all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
3. Line tray with baking paper.
4. Carefully scoop 2 tbsp of coconut mixture into a ball and slightly flatten.
5. Cook in the oven until lightly golden for approximately 20 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, to make the raw chocolate. Combine all ingredients in a separate bowl and lightly whisk with a fork until well combined.
7. Let macaroons cool on a cooling rack before drizzling (or dipping!!) with raw chocolate.
8. Enjoy the aromatic smell from the kitchen. Your neighbours will have food envy 🙂
Made with love by the Secret Squirrel xx.