COOKIES!!! Who ate the cookies from the cookie jar? I love these Apricot Vanilla Coconut Cookies and I can never stop eating at one! These are the perfect healthy treats and hits the spot when you are hungry for a snack at your desk, at school, post gym, mid morning… it’s an anytime of the day snack! 🙂 Completely refined sugar-free, dairy-free, no butter, no flour, no nasties and tastes AMAZING! These cookies are super EASY to make and I usually make them on the weekend so that I have healthy treats for the week! YUM! They also make a great gift for your loved ones!
WARNING: these cookies are known to contain dangerous levels of all things HEALTHY! 😉
Makes 20 Cookies
½ cup desiccated coconut
2 tbsp sunflower seeds
2 tbsp almond meal
⅓ cup rolled oats
1 cup dried apricots
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
4 medjool dates
2 tbsp nut butter of choice (almond or cashew nut works well)
1 tbsp maple syrup
Raw almonds to decorate
1. Preheat oven at 100 degrees celcius.
2. Add all ingredients except for almonds to a food processor and pulse until sticky when pressed between the fingers. Add a little bit more maple syrup if the mixture does not stick together.
3. Line baking tray with baking paper.
4. Scoop 1 tbsp of the cookie mixture, roll into balls and firmly press almond into the cookie dough. Repeat with the remaining cooking mixture.
5. Bake in the oven for approximately 30 mins.
6. Keep the cookies in an airtight container. These will last for a week (I would be surprised if you haven’t eaten them all by then!)
Love Secret Squirrel xx.