YUM!!! Creamy avocado hummus… Yes please!!! I love this avocado dip and it’s super super easy to make! Take the time to remove the skins from the chickpeas and you will end up with a smooth avocado spread. This makes the perfect snack and I love dipping fresh vegetables or crackers into it. It’s sort of like a combination of guacamole and hummus 🙂
1 ripe avocado
½ can chickpeas
1 clove garlic
3 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
water to thin
1. Drain chickpeas and rinse off all the brine.
2. Remove the skin from each chickpea by popping it out between your thumb and index finger.
3. Place the avocado and chickpeas into a food processor along with the garlic and process for 1 minute.
4. Add tahini, lime juice and a pinch of salt and pepper. Continue processing.
5. Whilst the food processor is still running, slowly add water until the hummus becomes a smooth and creamy texture.
6. Refrigerate or use immediately. This will last in the fridge for approximately 4 days.
7. Enjoy your delicious creamy avocado snack! 🙂
Love Secret Squirrel xx.