Oooooh La La… What a BEAUTIFUL Summer Salad! Blood orange, fennel, parsley, pistachio flakes and a lime pepper dressing. AMAZING!! I love the tanginess of the oranges and the crunchiness of the fennel! Such a yummy combination of flavours. It’s super super easy to make and perfect for a picnic in the park 🙂
Beautiful drawing by my talented friend Ayang Cempaka: www.ayangcempaka.com
6 medium blood oranges*
2 fennel bulbs
¼ cup parsley leaves
¼ cup pistachio flakes
Lime & Pepper dressing
¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
Freshly squeezed juice of 1 lime
1 tbsp maple syrup
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground pepper
1. Using a small sharp knife, remove the skin from the oranges. Thinly slice the oranges into round segments and place into a medium mixing bowl.
2. Carefully chop the end and tips of the fennel. Thinly slice the fennel and combine together with the parsley and oranges.
3. To make the dressing. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
4. Drizzle dressing over the salad, mix well to combine and sprinkle with pistachio flakes to serve.
5. EASY PEASY!!! 😉
* If you don’t have blood oranges. This can be substituted with regular navel oranges.
Love Secret Squirrel xx.