Ooooooooohhh la la… Raw chocolate tarts filled with a rich decadent chocolate ganache and topped with pomegranates… I have to say that these are probably the best tarts I have ever made!! That’s a pretty big call! You have to try these and I hope you like them as much as I do!! Completely refined sugar-free, dairy-free, gluten-free and GUILT-free! I’m doing a little dance! 🙂
Recipe makes 6 tarts
Chocolate Tart Base
1 cup mejdool dates
¾ cup almonds
¼ cup desiccated coconut
3 tbsp raw cacao powder
½ cup coconut oil (melted)
⅓ cup coconut milk
¼ cup raw cacao powder
1½ tbsp maple syrup
½ cup pomegranate seeds to decorate
Edible flowers (optional)
1. For the base, add all ingredients into a food processor and process until the mixture sticks together when pressed between the fingers.
2. Line 6 muffin trays with glad wrap.
3. Spoon 2 tbsp of chocolate tart mixture into each muffin tin and carefully press until a tart casing is formed.
4. Put into the freezer to set. Approximately 30 mins.
5. To make the chocolate ganache, add all ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth and creamy.
6. Pull the tart casings out of the freezer and fill each tart with the chocolate ganache.
7. Decorate with pomegranate seeds.
8. Keep the tarts in the tin and chill in the fridge for 1 hour before serving.
9. Add edible flowers (optional).
10. Note: Chocolate tarts can be kept in the freezer for 1 week. Just thaw out for 30 minutes when you have chocolate cravings 🙂
Love Secret Squirrel xx.