Chewy chocolatey cranberry base layered with a coconut cherry cream and topped with fresh cherries. YUM!!! How amazing do these look? Completely raw, vegan, sugar-free, dairy-free, gluten-free and absolutely DROOL-WORTHY!!! 🙂 I think I’m in LOVE!! *drools* Make this for your loved ones as this dessert is sure to IMPRESS!!
I used a 10.5cm x 20.5cm loaf tin.
Chocolate Cranberry Base
¾ cup almonds
2 tbsp desiccated coconut
2 tbsp raw cacao nibs
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup medjool dates (pitted)
½ tbsp water
Coconut Cherry Cream
¾ cup cashews (soaked in water overnight)
½ cup coconut milk
½ cup desiccated coconut
2 tbsp maple syrup
6 fresh cherries (pitted)
½ tsp vanilla bean paste
Fresh cherries to decorate
1. For the base, add all ingredients into a food processor and process until the mixture sticks together when pressed between the fingers.
2. Line tray with cling film.
3. Pour mixture into tin and carefully press firmly using the back of a spatula until base is completely flat and even.
4. Put into the freezer to set, whilst you make the coconut cherry cream.
5. For the coconut cherry cream, add cashews to a food processor and process for a few minutes.
6. With the food processor still running, slowly add the coconut milk, cherries, maple syrup and vanilla bean paste.
7. Keep processing until the mixture becomes very smooth and creamy.
8. Add desiccated coconut and pulse to combine.
9. Pull the base out of the freezer and fill with the coconut cherry cream layer.
10. Put back into the freezer for 2 hours to set. Slice can be kept in the freezer until serving (let defrost for approximately 15 mins for cream to soften).
11. Slice carefully with a sharp knife and decorate with fresh cherries.
12. Enjoy this delightful treat with your family and friends 🙂
Love Secret Squirrel xx.