I’m always looking for healthy snacks and these cranberry cashew cookies just hit the spot when I’m looking for something for morning or afternoon tea 🙂 Pack these cookies into a jar and it also makes a really nice gift for someone special xoxo
Makes 20 cookies using 5.5cm cookie cutters
Cranberry Cashew Oat Cookies
1 cup oats
1 cup dessicated coconut
⅓ cup almond meal
⅓ cup cashews
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup dates
3 tbsp nut butter
3 tbsp coconut oil
¼ cup maple syrup
Raspberry Chia Jam
1 cup frozen raspberries
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp chia seeds
1. Preheat oven at 125 degrees celcius.
2. Add all cookie ingredients to a food processor and pulse until sticky when pressed between the fingers. Add a little bit more maple syrup if the mixture does not stick together.
3. Divide the mixture into half.
4. Roll the mixture until 5mm thickness with a rolling pin and use a plain cookie cutter to cut 20 cookies. Repeat with the other half and use a star cookie cutter to cut another 20 cookies.
5. Line baking tray with baking paper.
6. Bake cookies in the oven for approximately 8 minutes.
7. Let cool on cooling rack.
8. Meanwhile, to make the raspberry chia jam. Combine all ingredients into a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until the mixture begins to bubble. Reduce the heat and whisk constantly until thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
9. Let cool and spoon the raspberry chia jam mixture onto each cookie base and then top with a star cookie.
10. Keep the cookies in an airtight container. These will last for a week. Yay!! You now have healthy cookies!! 🙂
Love Secret Squirrel xx.