Are you looking for a super yummy healthy snack or treat? Then, look no further!!! Delicious dates stuffed with assorted nuts (pecans, almonds, cashews, hazelnuts, walnuts) double coated in raw chocolate and rolled in slivered pistachios and almonds. YUMMY!! Dates are rich in dietary fibre, and are packed with an impressive list of essential nutrients, vitamins and minerals. It’s the ultimate healthy snack, super easy to make, looks amazing, perfect gift to bring to a dinner party or picnic, gives you an energy boost and satisfies all your sugary and chocolatey cravings! Doesn’t get better than that 😉
½ cup raw cacao butter
2 tbsp raw agave syrup
⅓ cup raw cacao powder
35 dates (pitted)
Assorted nuts (pecans, almonds, cashews, hazelnuts, walnuts)
Slivered almonds and pistachios (roughly chopped)
1. Carefully slit each date with a knife and stuff with your choice of nuts.
2. Place dates in the freezer for approximately 15 minutes whilst making the raw chocolate.
3. To make raw chocolate, slowly melt raw cacao butter using a double boiler over low heat. Be careful not to overheat.
4. Once cacao butter is melted, add agave syrup and whisk with a fork. Mix well to combine.
5. Add raw cacao powder and keep whisking the chocolate mixture until silky smooth.
6. Line a tray with baking paper.
7. Take the dates out of the freezer and dip into the raw chocolate. Place on lined tray and put back in the freezer for another 15 minutes.
8. Take the dates out of the freezer and again dip into the raw chocolate for the second coat.
9. Roll in slivered almonds and pistachios. You can be creative here and roll the dates in coconut, chia seeds etc.
10. Place back onto the tray and into the fridge for 1 hour to set.
11. Fill up jars/boxes with these delicious dates and bring to your next dinner party or for a healthy snack at work.
12. Keep stored in the fridge. These will last in the fridge for 2 weeks (I would be surprised if they’re not gobbled up within a few days!)
13. Enjoy! 🙂
Love Secret Squirrel xx.