Guess how long this chocolate cake took to cook?! 2.5 minutes… SAY WHAT?! NO WAY?!
Yep, you heard right! It only took 2.5 minutes to cook in the microwave and it’s a soft, spongy, springy chocolate cake 🙂 I have layered the cake with my delicious raw chocolate mousse. Recipe here
Be creative and layer with a coconut or cashew cream, top with fresh berries and you have a super yummy cake. Trick your friends into believing that you have been baking for hours! 😉
Serves 4. I used a 13cm diameter round silicon mould.
2 tbsp almond meal
2 tbsp spelt flour (any other flour will work too eg. wholemeal, quinoa, oat etc)
2 tbsp raw cacao powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg (whisked)
1 tsp oil of coconut oil or nut oil of choice
2 tbsp maple syrup
¼ cup milk of choice (coconut/almond/soy milk)
1. Add dry ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
2. In a separate bowl, add remaining wet ingredients. Mix well to combine.
3. Add wet ingredient to the flour mixture and fold until just combined.
4. Carefully pour the cake mixture into silicon mould.
5. Microwave for 2.5 minutes (It’s that EASY!!)
6. Let cool and slice the cake horizontally in half.
7. Be creative and layer with raw chocolate mousse or cream. Top with fresh berries!
8. WOW! You’ve been slaving away in the kitchen baking for hours! 😉
Love Secret Squirrel xx.