WARNING WARNING: These Ferrero Rocher Chocolate Truffles are known to contain DANGEROUS levels of all things HEALTHY!! Crunchy coating on the outside, smooth chocolate truffle dipped in raw chocolate and a hazelnut centre. Looks can be deceiving because there is a whole can of BLACK BEANS in them!! Beans, beans, a musical fruit. The more you eat the more you TOOT! The best part is that you can’t actually taste it… Sshhhh… don’t tell them it’s HEALTHY! Very sneaky and makes me giggle every time! hehehe
Makes 12 chocolate truffles
½ cup medjool dates
⅓ cup roasted hazelnuts (skins removed)
2 ½ tbsp raw cacao powder
1 can organic black beans
1 ½ tbsp coconut oil (melted)
1 tbsp maple syrup
¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
1 tbsp maple syrup (or agave syrup)
¼ cup raw cacao powder
12 whole roasted hazelnuts
¼ cup roasted hazelnuts (roughly chopped)
¼ cup bee pollen
1. Add dates to a food processor and process until the dates become a paste. Remove and place into a small bowl.
2. Add roasted hazelnuts to the food processor and process for a few minutes until it becomes a nut butter.
3. Drain and rinse black beans and pat dry with a paper towel.
4. Add all remaining ingredients, including the date paste and black beans to the food processor and processor until smooth.
5. Put the chocolate truffle mixture into the freezer for 1 hour to set.
6. Combine coconut oil with maple syrup.
7. Add raw cacao powder. Whisk with a fork until combined and chocolate mixture is smooth.
8. Set aside.
9. Mix roasted hazelnuts and bee pollen in a small bowl.
10. Roll 1 tbsp of mixture into a ball and poke a roasted hazelnut into the centre. Roll into a perfect ball.
11. Dip into raw chocolate.
12. Roll into the hazelnut bee pollen coating.
13. Repeat with remaining chocolate truffles.
14. Freeze for 3 hours to set and enjoy! (If you can wait that long!!!)
15. These chocolate truffles keep really well in the freezer. Perfect eaten straight from the freezer with a lovely cup of green tea. Mmmmmmmm… delicious!
Made with love by the Secret Squirrel xx.