I love Hummus! If I could smother it on everything, I would! I always have this in the fridge, as it is so incredibly handy used as a snack with vegetable sticks, crackers, bread etc. It’s also great in wraps and sandwiches. Smooth, garlicky and creamy… just how hummus should be! Most hummus recipes use olive oil and lemon. This recipe uses no olive oil and I have substituted the lemon with lime instead, to give that extra special touch! This recipe is so EASY! And it only takes 8 minutes to make! It’s much faster than going to the supermarket shelves and I can guarantee it tastes 100 times better. You will be hooked! Mmmmm garlicky…
1 can chickpeas
2 cloves garlic
3 tbsp tahini
2 tbsp lime juice
salt to taste
water to thin
1. Drain chickpeas and rinse off all the brine.
2. Remove the skin from each chickpea by popping it out between your thumb and index finger.
3. Place the chickpeas into a food processor along with the garlic and process for 1 minute.
4. Add tahini, lime juice and salt and keep processing.
5. Whilst the food processor is still running, slowly add water until the hummus becomes a smooth and creamy texture.
6. Refrigerate or use immediately. This will last in the fridge for approximately 4 days.
Made with love by the Secret Squirrel xx.