No bake sesame seed squares with cranberries and goji berries. The lightly toasted sesame seeds releases a very aromatic scent and will make your kitchen smell amazing! If you love the sugar-laden sesame snaps, then you will love these! Sugar-free, dairy-free and gluten-free! It makes the perfect anytime snack. I’m always snacking at my desk, so these sesame squares always come in handy when it hits SNACK-O-CLOCK time!
Makes 9 squares. I used a 21cm x 21cm square tray
1 cup medjool dates
1 cup sesame seeds (black or white)
2 tbsp cranberries
¼ cup goji berries
6 dried apricots
2 tbsp flax meal
2 tbsp tahini
½ cup flaked almonds
½ tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp water
¼ tsp salt
1. Lightly toast the sesame seeds in a skillet on low heat until slightly golden. Be careful not to burn!
2. Meanwhile, add dates to a food processor and pulse until the dates become a smooth paste.
3. Add all remaining ingredients except for sesame seeds and pulse until everything is combined.
4. Add sesame seeds to the food processor and pulse a little more.
5. Line a tray with glad wrap and pour the sesame mixture into it.
6. Firmly press into the tray and flatten with the back of a spatula or spoon.
7. Put into the fridge for 3-4 hours (overnight is best) and then cut them up into squares.
8. These will keep in the fridge for a week (if it lasts that long!!)
Made with love by the Secret Squirrel xx.