What did the cheese say when it looked itself in the mirror? HALLOUMI
What do you call cheese that isn’t yours? NACHO CHEESE
What cheese do you hide a horse behind? MASCARPONE
What cheese do you use to get a bear to come down from a tree? CAMEMBERT
I LOVE “CHEESY JOKES”!! Haha 🙂
Have you got friends coming over and you’re stuck for entertaining ideas? What about grilled asparagus and hallouni parcels tied together with ribbons of chives, mint and a squeeze of lime? It definately has the WOW factor and is so simple to make! I love the idea of using chives as it holds the parcels together, as well as beautiful presentation! The asparagus is lightly charred and the squeeze of lime enhances the flavour. It’s a WINNER!!
36 small asparagus spears
1 block halloumi cheese
1 bunch chives
12 mint leaves
1 lime (cut into 12 wedges)
Olive oil spray
1. Set a griddle pan over high heat and lightly spray with olive oil.
2. Snap asparagus stalks to get rid of woody ends.
3. Add asparagus to the pan and grill for 2-3 minutes on each side, until nicely charred. Set aside.
4. Slice up halloumi cheese into small rectangle pieces.
5. Return the pan to medium heat and lightly spray with olive oil.
6. Add halloumi slices and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until lightly golden brown.
7. To assemble, add a mint leaf to each piece of halloumi, then place on top of 3 asparagus spears. Gently tie the parcels together with “ribbons” of chives.
8. Serve with a squeeze of lime.
Made with love by the Secret Squirrel xx.