WOW WOW WOW!!! What a beautiful salad! I really love Heirloom tomatoes and I was so lucky to pick these up from Market & Platters. It seriously looks like a piece of art on a plate! This salad is super easy to make and absolutely DELICIOUS!! The flavour combinations go really well together… the saltiness of the cheese, the sweetness of the tomatoes and balsamic glaze. YUM! It’s great served as a starter or a side for a main dish and will surely impress all your guests. As the saying goes: “You eat with your eyes!” 🙂 Are you drooling yet?
It’s so yummy from my head TO-MA-TOES!!! HAHAHA
1 block halloumi cheese
8 medium heirloom tomatoes
¼ cup pomegranate seeds
¼ cup coriander leaves
Sprinkle of salt and pepper to taste
Drizzle of balsamic fig glaze*
1. Heat non-stick pan over medium heat.
2. Slice halloumi to 1cm thick slices and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until lightly golden brown.
3. Thinly slice heirloom tomatoes and carefully arrange on a large platter.
4. Add halloumi to the tomato salad, sprinkle pomegranate seeds, coriander, salt and pepper.
5. Lightly drizzle with balsamic fig glaze.
6. Enjoy this beautiful colourful salad! YUM!
* To substitute the balsamic glaze. Combine ½ cup of balsamic vinegar with ¼ cup maple syrup in a small pan. Cook over medium heat until the liquid is just slightly thickened and lightly coats the back of a metal spoon. It should be reduced by about half. Watch carefully and pay close attention, to ensure that it is not over reduced. The glaze goes from sweet and syrupy to burnt and hard very quickly. Let cool and then drizzle over the tomato salad.
Love Secret Squirrel xx.