Are you stuck for snack ideas? How about some Honey Popcorn Slice?! I’m always on the hunt for healthy snacks! This Honey Popcorn Slice is the perfect lunchbox treat for the kids too, as most schools have to be nut-free these days. What I love about this recipe is that it is super quick, easy to make and is packed full of goodies, which will keep you energized throughout the day. Store bought food is typically full of refined sugar and unnatural ingredients. Providing kids with tasty, nutritious and wholesome food will make a huge difference to kids’ health. Make this yummy slice and it is guaranteed that you will be the envy of all your friends! 🙂
Makes 16 slices. I used a I used a 21cm x 21cm square tray
¼ cup tahini
2 tbsp honey
4 cups popcorn
2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
½ tbsp raw agave syrup (or maple syrup)
2 tbsp raw cacao powder
1. Add tahini and honey to a bowl and mix together.
2. Add popcorn and mix well to combine.
3. Line tin with baking paper, add mixture to the tin and press firmly.
4. To make raw chocolate, combine coconut oil with maple syrup.
5. Add raw cacao powder. Whisk with a fork until combined and chocolate mixture is smooth.
6. Drizzle the popcorn slice with raw chocolate.
7. Place in the fridge for 1 hour to set.
8. Once set, take the popcorn slice out of the fridge and carefully cut into 16 pieces.
9. Put each slice into muffin paper patty pans.
10. Keep in the fridge in an airtight container.
11. Enjoy this tasty treat!!!
Made with love by the Secret Squirrel xx.