Mmmmmmmmmmm I love a super crunchy granola and this is my favourite lemon ginger granola! It’s golden, it’s crunchy, slightly tangy and packed full of the best GOODIES!! What I love about this granola recipe is that you can choose to add in whatever ingredients you have in the cupboard. It’s your choice of nuts, seeds and dried fruit! It’s so delicious sprinkled over fresh fruit, yoghurt, smoothies or just eaten on it’s own. I love eating it straight out of the jar! YUM! It’s also a great gift for your loved ones 🙂
2 cups rolled oats
½ cup dessicated coconut
1 cup mixed nuts of choice (almonds, macadamias, walnuts, pecans etc.)
½ cup mixed seeds of choice (pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, pepitas, flax seeds etc.)
1 cup of dried fruit of choice (cranberries, raisins, dried figs, apricots etc.)
1 medium ripe banana
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp nut butter (almond, cashew, peanut butter, tahini etc.)
1 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp ground ginger
1. Preheat oven at 150 degrees celsius.
2. Combine all wet ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
3. Add the remaining dry ingredients (except for dried fruit) to the wet ingredients and mix until sticky and clumpy.
4. Spread onto a baking tray and toast in the oven for 20 minutes. Stirring every 5 minutes.
5. After 20 minutes, remove the granola out of the oven and mix in the dried fruit.
6. Let cool and enjoy your crunchy granola!
Love Secret Squirrel xx.