Everybody loves a Banoffee Pie! However, a traditional Banoffee Pie is typically filled with sugar and cream and then… MORE sugar and cream. This is my healthy, sugar-free, dairy-free and completely GUILT-FREE version.
Crunchy tart shell – Check ✔
Smooth caramel cream – Check ✔
Sweet bananas – Check ✔
So good you can have them for breakfast! – Check ✔
Makes 10 pies. I used standard muffin tins.
½ a ripe banana (mashed)
2 tbsp tahini
2 tbsp raw honey/maple syrup
½ tsp cinnamon
1 ⅓ cup rolled oats (roughly chopped)
½ cup almonds (finely chopped)
¼ cup desiccated coconut
1 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
1 cup dates
1 cup cashews (soaked overnight)
1 cup almond milk
¼ tsp salt
1 ripe banana (slices)
1. Preheat oven at 160 degrees celsius.
2. Line muffin tins with foil (shiny side up).
3. Combine wet ingredients in a mixing bowl and then add remaining dry ingredients. Combine well.
4. Divide mixture into 10 muffin tins (approximately 2 tbsp each).
5. Press firmly into the muffin tin to form the tart shell.
6. Cook in the oven for 15 minutes until lightly golden brown.
7. Let cool on a wire rack whilst making the caramel cream.
8. Add dates to a food processor and process until a smooth paste.
9. Transfer the date paste to a separate bowl.
10. Add cashews to the food processor and process for a few minutes.
11. With the food processor still running, slowly add almond milk.
12. Add date paste and salt to the food processor and process until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy.
13. Put a few slices of bananas at the bottom of the tart.
14. Fill with caramel cream and add more banana slices on top (optional).
15. Serve immediately. Yum!
Made with love by the Secret Squirrel xx.