Who loves chopping onions?! NOT ME!!! Who has a massive cry after chopping onions? Hands smelling of onions for days… ME!!! Well, I got the opportunity to test the new Philips Onion Chef and WOW!! I’m in love with it!! It uses a ChopDrop technology, which allows for perfectly sized onions and no mess too!! What I also love about this machine is that it’s very compact, doesn’t take up much space in the kitchen and can also chop a variety of ingredients, including meat, nuts, herbs, parmesan cheese and chocolate. Hehehe, now you can chop like a chef!! This Moroccan sweet potato and chickpea stew is one of my favourite week day dinners. I usually cook a big batch at the start of the week and voila! I have a few quick dinners covered! You can also add grilled chicken or fish to make it a more hearty and wholesome meal.
3 medium sweet potato peeled and cut 2cm thick
2 tbsp honey
1 large red onion, finely chopped using Philips Onion Chef 1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp coriander seeds
1 tbsp tomato paste
2 x 400g tin cherry tomatoes
2 tsp ground cumin
1 handful of spinach
1 can chickpeas
Coriander leaves for garnish
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Place the sweet potato in a large saucepan, add honey, sprinkle of salt and just cover the sweet potato with water. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 40 minutes. Occasionally stir to cook evenly.
2. Whilst the sweet potato is cooking, in a separate frypan, heat the olive oil, add onion, cumin seeds and coriander seeds until golden brown. Add tomato paste, tin tomatoes, ground cumin and cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Add spinach, chickpeas, salt and pepper to taste and cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Add sweet potato and carefully mix it through. Simmer at low heat for another 5 minutes
5. Serve immediately with some quinoa or cous cous.
Love Secret Squirrel xx.