Peanut Butter Kale Chips?! Yes that’s right! What I love about the weekends most, is going to the local organic farmer’s market and picking up a large box full of fresh fruit and vegetables. Always included in this box are a couple of bunches of kale. There are many ways to eat kale and I think kale chips are one of the best ways to eat this leafy green! I love making a big batch of these, however, they never last very long, because once I start, I can’t stop! It’s crunchy, it’s peanut buttery and it’s really moorish! It’s a party in my mouth! I also love it crushed and sprinkled over smoothies or salads. YUM!!
½ tbsp crunchy peanut butter
1 tsp coconut oil (melted)
1 tsp honey
3 large stems of kale
1. Preheat oven to 120 degrees celcius.
2. Carefully wash kale leaves and pat dry.
3. Mix wet ingredients in a mixing bowl.
4. Add kale chips to the bowl and combine well with the marinade. Massage carefully with hands so that the kale leaves are covered in the marinade.
5. Place on a baking tray in a single layer.
6. Bake in the oven for approximately 15 mins until crispy. Be careful not to burn.
7. Let cool and start munching! It’s so delicious and crunchy! 🙂
Love Secret Squirrel xx.