Quinoa and Walnut Salad with everything GREEN plus a lime and mustard dressing… mmmmmmm… I love Quinoa Salads. What I love about Quinoa is that it is packed full of protein and has a lovely subtle nutty flavour. Combine this with green veggies and walnuts for some added crunch and you now have a nutritious salad! I always like to bring lunch to the office as there are not many places to eat where I work. What I love about packed lunches is that I know exactly what I am eating and I can choose my favourite ingredients. This is a typical lunch for me and I love to prepare a big batch so that it will last me for a few days! This delicious salad will keep you feeling healthy and happy, both on the inside and out!
⅓ cup quinoa
1 cup broad beans (pods removed)
2 cups broccoli florets
1 tsp olive oil
1 garlic clove (crushed)
2 cm ginger (finely chopped)
⅓ cup golden raisins
⅓ cup walnuts (halved)
¼ cup packed coriander (stalks removed, roughly chopped)
¼ cup packed parsley leaves (stalks removed, roughly chopped)
Juice of 1 lime
1 tsp maple syrup
1 tsp mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook quinoa according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat saucepan with boiling water and add broad beans and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and run under cold water to stop cooking process and set aside.
3. Heat olive oil in a fry pan, and sauté garlic and ginger for a minute.
4. Add broccoli florets and cook for 3-4 minutes.
5. Combine quinoa, broad beans, broccoli and remaining ingredients into a bowl.
6. Mix dressing ingredients and pour over quinoa salad.
Made with love by the Secret Squirrel xx.