Raw chocolate tart filled with blackberry cream. I love the vibrant purple colour of these tarts! What always amazes me is that a dessert which looks this amazing and tastes so delicious, can still be HEALTHY! Chocolately tart, smooth creamy filling, juicy blackberries… I’m drooling just thinking about it! It’s a mighty fine tart and what I love is that it is completely raw, vegan, refined sugar-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, and guilt-free!!! Sneaky sneaky… No-one will suspect it’s HEALTHY!!!
Sshhhh… Secret Squirrel xx. 😉
Recipe makes 6 mini tarts
Chocolate Tart Base
1 cup mejdool dates
½ cup desiccated coconut
½ cup almonds
2 tbsp flax seeds
3 tbsp raw cacao powder
½ tsp cinnamon
2 tsp water
⅔ cup cashews (soaked in water overnight)
¼ cup coconut milk or almond milk
⅓ cup fresh blackberries
2 tsp sweetener (raw honey, agave syrup or maple syrup)
¼ tsp vanilla bean paste
1 punnet fresh blackberries
1. For the base, add all ingredients into a food processor and process until the mixture sticks together when pressed between the fingers.
2. Line 6 muffin trays with glad wrap.
3. Pour mixture into tin and carefully press until a tart casing is formed.
4. Put into the freezer to set, whilst you make the blackberry cream.
5. For the blackberry cream, add cashews to the food processor and process for a few minutes.
6. With the food processor still running, slowly add the coconut milk, sweetener and vanilla bean paste.
7. Keep processing until the mixture becomes very smooth and creamy.
8. Pull the tart casing out of the freezer and fill each tart with the cream.
9. Put into the freezer for 2 hours to set. Tart can be kept in the freezer until serving (let defrost for 10-15 mins for cream to soften).
10. Decorate with fresh blackberries and enjoy this delightful treat!
Love Secret Squirrel xx.