Sugar, Desiccated Coconut, Glucose Syrup, Cocoa Butter, Cocoa Mass, Skimmed Milk Powder, Emulsifiers, Soya Lecithin, E471 Lactose, Milk Fat, Whey Powder, Humectant, Glycerol Salt and Natural Vanilla Extract. Mmmmmm-mmmmm-mmmmmm…. I’ve just listed all the ingredients of a Bounty Bar. Can I say, “GROSS?!”. What’s scary is that I don’t know more than half of these ingredients! HUMECTANT?! Is that even edible?! This post is dedicated to my best friend who LOVES Bounty Bars! Hope you like these raw chocolate “Bounty” hearts! All natural, sugar-free, dairy-free and tastes just like the real thing! What I love about cooking my own food is that I know exactly what I’m eating. If you love Bounty Bars, then you will LOVE these (minus all the NASTIES!!)
⅓ cup cashews (soaked overnight)
2 tbsp coconut milk
1 cup desiccated coconut
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp maple syrup (or agave syrup)
¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
1 tbsp maple syrup (or agave syrup)
¼ cup raw cacao powder
1. Add cashews to a food processor and process for a minute
2. With the food processor still running, slowly add the coconut milk until a smooth paste forms.
3. Add remaining ingredients and gently pulse until all combined.
4. Press 1-2 tbsp into heart cookie moulds.
5. Place into an airtight container and put into the freezer to set for 2 hours
6. Combine coconut oil with maple syrup.
7. Add raw cacao powder. Whisk with a fork until combined and chocolate mixture is smooth.
8. Set aside.
7. Pull the coconut hearts out of the freezer and dip into the raw chocolate.
8. Serve immediately or keep in the freezer for when you need a “Bounty” fix.
9. No nasties allowed! What you see is what you get. Enjoy!
Made with love by the Secret Squirrel xx.