It’s raining Lemon & Ginger(Bread) Men!!! Hallelujah, it’s raining men… yeah yeah…
Healthy food doesn’t have to be boring… Let’s make it FUN!! Be warned, these cute little raw Gingerbread Men are known to cause lunchbox ENVY! Lemon and Ginger is a classic flavour combination and this recipe is really easy to make. They are the perfect mid-morning, mid-afternoon, lunch box and post gym snack. Kids (as well as adults!) will LOVE these! Raw, vegan, sugar-free, dairy-free and gluten-free… you won’t believe it’s HEALTHY! Use dried fruit, nuts and seeds to decorate. Be creative and most importantly have a bit of fun in the kitchen! These are just way toooooooo CUTE to eat! But I can’t resist, one leg, one arm at a time…. GET IN MA BELLY!!
1 cup dates
½ cup desiccated coconut
½ cup almonds
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp water
Dried fruit, nuts and seeds to decorate!
1. Add all ingredients into a food processor and process until the mixture sticks together and well combined.
2. Spoon 2 tbsp of mixture into cookie cutters.
3. Put into the freezer for approximately ½ hour to set.
4. Pull out of the freezer and decorate with dried fruit, nuts and seeds by pressing a pattern into the gingerbread men.
5. Consume immediately or keep in the freezer for later.
6. They’re too cute to eat!!
Made with love by the Secret Squirrel xx.