Raw orange vanilla cream tarts – you will definitely impress your guests with these!! The orange vanilla “cream” is so smooth, decadent and creamy. It’s the perfect afternoon treat and can you believe, it’s HEALTHY?! What I love about these tarts is that you can top them with your favourite fruit: figs, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, peaches, kiwi fruit… the toppings are endless! It’s sugar-free, dairy-free and gluten-free! And the best part is that no-one will know it’s healthy! Sshhhh… Secret Squirrel 😉
Recipe makes 6 tarts
1 cup mejdool dates
½ cup desiccated coconut
½ cup almonds
Orange Vanilla Cream
⅔ cup cashews (soaked overnight)
¼ cup coconut milk or almond milk
¼ cup fresh orange juice
2 tsp sweetener (raw honey, agave syrup or maple syrup)
¼ tsp vanilla bean paste
1. For the base, add all ingredients into a food processor and process until roughly combined and sticky.
2. Line 6 muffin trays with glad wrap.
3. Divide mixture into 6 and press into the muffin tray until a tart casing is formed.
4. Put into the freezer to set, whilst you make the orange vanilla cream.
5. For the orange vanilla cream, add cashews to the food processor and process for a few minutes.
6. With the food processor still running, slowly add the orange juice, milk, sweetener and vanilla bean paste.
7. Keep processing until the mixture becomes very smooth and creamy.
8. Pull the tart casings out of the freezer and fill each tart with the cream.
9. Put into the freezer for 2 hours to set. Tart can be kept in the freezer until serving (let defrost for 10-15 mins for cream to soften).
10. Now you can have fun by adding your favourite fruit toppings and enjoy!
Made with love by the Secret Squirrel xx.