Hello from the Middle East! Today, I have chosen to make something “Green”. I was born and raised in Melbourne, Australia and moved to Dubai a few months ago. One thing, I miss most about home is seeing green: trees, forests, grass, mountains! This is my recipe for raw pistachio ice-cream. Sugar-free, dairy-free, and gluten-free. Plus, it’s GREEN!!! There’s just something about the colour green that makes you feel happy and healthy inside!
⅔ cup raw pistachios
½ tsp vanilla bean paste
½ cup coconut milk (full cream)
1 ripe avocado
⅓ cup raw honey
Chopped pistachios for decoration
1. Process the raw pistachios in a food processor until it turns into a paste. This will take a couple of minutes.
2. Slowly add coconut milk until smooth.
3. Add remaining ingredients and continue to process until silky smooth.
4. Pour into a plastic mold and place into freezer overnight.
5. When ready to eat, take out of the freezer and let defrost for a few minutes. Cover with chopped pistachios and enjoy!
Made with love by the Secret Squirrel xx.