Raw pistachio tart filled with pistachio rosewater cream and topped with fresh raspberries. This raspberry tart recipe was carefully assisted by my two moustached raspberry sous chefs, haha. This is my all time favorite tart recipe!! What I love about it, is that it tastes incredibly light with a lovely hint of rosewater. What I love even more, is that it is completely raw, vegan, refined sugar-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, looks amazing and tastes AMAZING!!! No-one will even suspect it’s HEALTHY!
Sshhhh… Secret Squirrel xx. 😉
Recipe makes 1 large tart or 6 mini tarts
Pistachio Tart Base
1 cup mejdool dates
¼ cup desiccated coconut
¼ cup buckinis
⅔ cup pistachios
1 tsp water
Pistachio Rosewater Cream
⅓ cup pistachios (soaked overnight)
⅔ cup cashews (soaked overnight)
½ cup coconut milk
2 tbsp sweetener (raw honey, agave syrup or maple syrup)
¼ tsp vanilla bean paste
2 tsp rosewater
1 punnet fresh raspberries
1. For the base, add all ingredients into a food processor and process until the mixture sticks together when pressed between the fingers.
2. Line 1 large tart tin or 6 muffin trays with glad wrap.
3. Pour mixture into tin and carefully press until a tart casing is formed.
4. Put into the freezer to set, whilst you make the pistachio rosewater cream.
5. For the pistachio rosewater cream, add the pistachios and cashews to the food processor and process for a few minutes.
6. With the food processor still running, slowly add the coconut milk, sweetener, vanilla bean paste and rosewater.
7. Keep processing until the mixture becomes very smooth and creamy.
8. Pull the tart casing out of the freezer and fill each tart with the cream.
9. Put into the freezer for 2 hours to set. Tart can be kept in the freezer until serving (let defrost for 10-15 mins for cream to soften).
10. Top with fresh raspberries and enjoy this delightful treat!
Made with love by the Secret Squirrel xx.