There is only one word to describe this salad… Delicious! The amazing colours of fruit and veggies always fascinates me and what I love most, is that it all “natural” with nothing to hide. I especially love the beautiful colouring of beetroot. It always adds that extra special vibrance to the meal. This salad consists of slow-roasted beetroot, the sweetness of fresh figs, the crunchiness of pecans and a slightly tangy balsamic and lime dressing. It’s just the perfect combination of flavours and also the perfect dish for a picnic in the park on those beautiful sunny days! As the saying goes, “you eat with your eyes”, so this brightly coloured salad is sure to impress!
Roasted Beetroot Salad
4 medium sized beetroot (skin on)
4 fresh figs (quartered)
2 spring onion stalks (finely chopped)
¼ cup parsley (roughly chopped)
½ cup pecan nuts
Balsamic Lime Dressing
Juice of 1 lime
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
¼ tsp cinnamon
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven at 170 degrees celcius.
2. Individually wrap each beetroot in foil and roast in the oven for approximately 2 hours until soft and tender.
3. Once beetroot is roasted, remove from the oven and let cool.
4. Peel skin and chop into chunks.
5. Combine all salad ingredients into a bowl.
6. Mix dressing ingredients and pour over the beetroot salad.
7. Best served at room temperature. Enjoy!
Made with love by the Secret Squirrel xx.