These summer rolls are my absolute favorite!! Why? Because they are so delicious, refreshing and I love that I can fill them up with all my favorite vegetables! I’ve used chicken in this recipe, but you can use shrimp too or even just keep them vegetarian. The peanut dipping sauce is my dad’s secret recipe, so you’re in for a treat!! Enjoy!!
1 small chicken breast
1 tbsp hoisin sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp water
50 gms rice vermicelli
½ red capsicum
6 lettuce leaves (romaine or butter lettuce)
6 stalks Corriander
6 stalks mint
6 rice paper sheets
Peanut dipping sauce
¼ cup crunchy peanut butter
1 tbsp hoisin sauce
1 tsp soy sauce
3 tbsp boiling water
Garnish: 1 tbsp sesame seeds
1. Heat frypan to medium heat.
2. Butterfly the chicken and place into a bowl. Add hoisin saice and soy sauce to the chicken and mix well to marinade the chicken.
3. Add oil to the pan. Add chicken, cook for 1-2 minutes, add water and cook for another 7-8 minutes. Transfer to plate and set aside.
4. To cook the rice vermicelli, boil 1 pot of boiling water.
5. Once boiled, switch off heat and add rice vermicelli. Cook for 2-3 mins. Transfer the vermicelli to bowl and set aside.
6. Chop up all of the vegetables.
7. Chop up the chicken. Transfer vegetables and chicken to large plate and set aside.
8. To make the dipping sauce, add all ingredients into a small bowl and mix well.
9. To prepare the rice paper wrappers: Pour warm water into a large bowl. Working with one at a time, dip the rice paper wrapper into the warm water for 15-20 seconds. Immediately remove from the water and place flat onto a flat surface.
10. Fill the rolls with the vegetables, chicken and rice vermicelli.
11. Roll very tightly. To do so, fold in the sides and gently pull up the bottom of the roll and roll over the filling. Repeat with the rest of the rolls.
12. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with the sauce.
13. Mmmmmmmm… so delicious!!!
Love Secret Squirrel xx.