WOW!!! Sweet Potato Chocolate Brownies, I’m in LOVE! These are the YUMMIEST, fudgiest, melt-in-your-mouth, rich and decadent chocolate brownies you will have ever tasted and they are 100% HEALTHY!! Can I add, they are completely vegan, refined sugar-free, dairy-free and gluten-free. No kidding! It’s a chocolate lover’s dream come true and I’m drooling all over the screen!! There is no sight of refined sugar or butter, which is typical of chocolate brownies. The sweet potato adds sweetness and acts as a fantastic substitute for butter and eggs. It creates a smooth, fudgy texture –> DELICIOUS!!! If you’re still reading this, what are you waiting for?! Get into the kitchen and start baking 😉 It’s so sneaky, no-one will suspect it’s HEALTHY!!! Sshhhh… Secret Squirrel xx.
Makes 9 brownies. I used a 21cm x 21cm square tray
1 cup sweet potato puree (1 very large sweet potato)
½ cup medjool dates
1 ripe avocado
¼ cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
⅓ cup raw cacao powder
1 cup almond meal
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
⅓ cup sweet potato puree
½ ripe avocado
¼ cup milk of choice (light coconut milk, almond or soy milk)
½ tsp vanilla bean paste
1½ tbsp maple syrup
1½ tbsp raw cacao powder
Raw cacao powder
1. Preheat oven at 180 degrees celsius.
2. To make the sweet potato puree, cover one large sweet potato in foil (shiny side inside) and roast it in the oven at 180 degrees celsius for about 45 minutes or until very soft. Allow to cool completely, remove peel and puree in a food processor. Set aside 1 cup for the chocolate brownie base and ⅓ cup for chocolate frosting.
3. Add dates to a food processor and process until it becomes a date paste.
4. Add the sweet potato puree and avocado and process until smooth.
5. Next, add maple syrup, vanilla bean paste and raw cacao powder and process until well combined.
6. Using a wooden spatula, carefully fold in the almond meal, baking soda and pinch of salt.
7. Line baking tray with baking paper. Pour in chocolate mixture and bake in the oven for approximately 25 minutes.
8. When the brownie is cooked, let cool completely on a cooling rack.
9. Whilst the chocolate brownie is cooking in the oven, prepare the chocolate frosting.
10. Add all ingredients to food processor and process until the frosting is very smooth and creamy. This will take a few minutes.
11. Put into a bowl and let chill in the fridge until the brownie is ready to be assembled.
12. Carefully spread the chocolate frosting with a spatula over the chocolate brownie base.
13. Sprinkle with flaked almonds and a dust of raw cacao powder.
14. Slice into 9 squares with a bread knife, clean the knife between each slice.
15. Enjoy your YUMMY Brownies!! I’m so jealous! 😉
Made with love by the Secret Squirrel xx.