Ooooooooohhh la la… Raw chocolate tarts filled with a rich decadent chocolate mousse and topped with mixed berries… I’m in LOVE!!! Made entirely from nuts, seeds, dried fruit and a secret ingredient *cough* vegetable *cough* ahem. I first made this dessert for a friend’s barbecue lunch and it went down a TREAT! Clean plates was definately a good sign! What a loved most about these tarts is that my friends happily ate it without any suspicions. SUCCESS!! This is sneaky in disguise and is known to contain dangerous levels of all things HEALTHY!! Haha, I LOVE IT!! The sweet potato mousse is really delicious eaten on its own too. It’s hard not to lick the bowl clean! Completely refined sugar-free, dairy-free, gluten-free and GUILT-free! #doingalittledance
Recipe makes 6 mini tarts
Chocolate Tart Base
1 cup mejdool dates
⅓ cup desiccated coconut
⅓ cup almonds
⅓ cup pecans
3 tbsp raw cacao powder
½ tsp cinnamon
2 tsp water
Sweet Potato Chocolate Mousse
1 cup sweet potato puree (1 very large sweet potato)
½ cup medjool dates
⅓ cup raw cacao powder
2 tbsp coconut milk
1 tbsp maple syrup
¼ tsp vanilla bean paste
1 punnet fresh mixed berries
1. For the base, add all ingredients into a food processor and process until the mixture sticks together when pressed between the fingers.
2. Line 6 muffin trays with glad wrap.
3. Pour mixture into tin and carefully press until a tart casing is formed.
4. Put into the freezer to set.
5. To make the sweet potato puree, preheat oven at 180 degrees celsius.
6. Cover one large sweet potato in foil (shiny side inside) and roast it in the oven at 180 degrees celsius for about 45 minutes or until very soft. Allow to cool completely, remove peel and puree in a food processor. Set aside 1 cup for the sweet potato chocolate mousse.
7. Add dates to a food processor and process until it becomes a date paste.
8. Add the sweet potato puree and process again until smooth.
9. Next, add maple syrup, coconut milk, vanilla bean paste and raw cacao powder and process until very smooth and creamy.
10. Pull the tart casing out of the freezer and fill each tart with the chocolate mousse.
11. Keep the tarts in the tin and chill in the fridge for 1 hour before serving.
12. Decorate with mixed berries.
13. Test these on your friends and family 😉
Love Secret Squirrel xx.